JANUS et Cie® is a leader in the high-end indoor and outdoor furniture industry. We are looking for detailed individuals to work in our Sales Support department to support our Sales Reps in the coordination of accounts in their particular territory.
Under the direction of the Sales Support Manager, you will be responsible for the following duties: Support hospitality, contract, and site sales for independent and outside sales reps, and showrooms as needed. Act as the liaison between the sales reps, purchasing agents, product managers, clients, and client services reps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Enter or assist with VAM quotes for sales reps
• Enter or assist with VAM quotes for showroom hospitality, site and contract sales, and residential and/or retail sales as needed
• Assist independent and outside reps with follow up of all “before-the- sale” issues, including pricing, stock status and lead times, freight quotes, selection and samples of finishes and fabrics, custom questions from vendors and product management dept., detailed product information, images or tear sheets, terms of sale and receipt of initial deposit.
• Scrutinize incoming client purchase orders to make sure that they are in line with the sales quote; liaise with purchasing agents as needed to revise quote or P.O. prior to finalizing the sale.
• Communicate with Client Services about new orders; ensure that quotes are properly written and detailed notes are made in the file prior to processing by client services. Occasionally running large or complicated orders from start to finish, including writing vendor P.O.s, following up with client/end user, managing deadlines, invoicing for payment, collecting payment, releasing the order to ship when all items are ready to go, tracking shipments and issue resolution should problems arise.
• Assist Sales Support Manager with reporting, training, and strategic planning.
• Assist hospitality clients that come to the showroom, if the sales rep is not available.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Prior experience in project management or sales required; some industry experience desired. Some college preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both written and oral required.
Language & Writing and/or Presentation Skills
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents, including purchase orders
• Ability to read product manuals and operating and maintenance instructions
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone, with clients, vendors, and coworkers
• Effective written communication in reports and correspondence
• Ability to multi-task, work on many projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent computer knowledge and skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Competitive Salary
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Vacation
Seriously qualified candidates for this career position in an important growth oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership who believe they can seriously contribute to its success, may email resume, cover letter, references and earnings history to Garey Chambliss, Corporate Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.