JANUS et Cie®, the reputable, design-focused furniture industry leader is seeking a Product Manager.
For more than 35 years JANUS et Cie has offered sophisticated, high-end indoor and outdoor furnishings and is growing in many major locations throughout the U.S. and internationally catering to multiple sectors. The company has built a solid reputation by presenting world-class products, marketing programs and top brand recognition with exemplary service. The sales team, partnered with its backup sales support, is peerless and top-class in the industry.
Manage all elements of an ongoing product category, including cost negotiations, purchasing, production scheduling, resolving technical issues, availability, product launches, discontinuations, enhancements and other aspects of the category from various vendors globally. Ensure that products are purchased and in stock based on sales history, inventory needs, and special order requests.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
- Must be a team oriented individual that can work closely with peers as well as working independently. Must be able to collaborate with Product Development for on time product launches, marketing for photo shoots, price lists, and other support materials, and the Resolution Team for Warranty related matters.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to provide support to the sales team and customer service via phone and email regarding product availability, specifications, lead-time, and pricing.
- Self-Starter, requires little supervision
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Must be able to think outside the box with the ability to work towards resolution
- Sense of urgency when necessary, ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Able to provide innovative approaches to product training and process improvement
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Product Development & Sales teams to create product strategy aligned with Brand identity
- Comprehensive understanding of vendor capabilities
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings from factories
- Maintain proper inventory levels of products/parts/sales tools
- Analyze sales history consistently, differentiating between large projects and general sales
- Place and manage purchase orders with vendors and manage inventory levels accordingly
- Track production from initial PO placement, through acknowledgement, transit, and receipt into warehouse
- Manage warranty claims and respond to product problem issues including possible replacement, all in a timely manner; work to resolve ongoing issues
- Documentation of product specifications, training materials, and reference documents
- Collaborate with peers to co-create and issue the Product Management Announcements
- Coordinate with Website Team to maintain product data on the website relative to products being managed
- Keep all product information current including price lists, VAM, specs, etc.
- Manage pricing and cost negotiations when necessary
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members as needed
- Provide support to Client Services and the Sales team with product knowledge and training
- Conduct internal product training for new hires and on-going training for staff
- Assist in product placement opportunities for showroom displays and at photo shoots
- 40+ hours are required. Flexible hours are required since this position interacts with vendors in various time zones
Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- At least 5 years product management/purchasing experience required, within the furniture industry preferred
- Strong analytical and computer skills required
- Presentation Skills; Powerpoint a plus
- Must be detailed and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must have above average computer knowledge of accounting software, report generators, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel and Outlook.
Seriously qualified candidates for this career position in an important growth oriented and stable company, recognized for quality and brand leadership who believe they can seriously contribute to its success, may email resume, cover letter, references and earnings history to Garey Chambliss, Corporate Recruiter at: email@example.com
JANUS et Cie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.